At WRSC we understand that the health and safety of our employees, contractors and visitors, and conducting our operations in an environmentally responsible manner, is fundamental to the success of our business. We will therefore strive to continuously improve our operational standards and in doing so demonstrate our commitment to protecting our people and environment.
“A healthy workplace free of injuries that has minimum impact on the environment”
The company will strive to achieve our goal by:-
- identifying hazards and reducing the risk of occupational injuries and illness
- providing instruction, training and supervision to improve individual’s understanding of workplace hazards, including safe work practices and emergency procedures
- involving individuals in occupational health and safety matters and consulting with them on ways to recognise, evaluate and control workplace hazards
- ensuring that everyone (including visitors and contractors) complies with appropriate standards and workplace directions to protect their own and others health and safety at work
- providing adequate systems and resources to effectively manage health, safety and environmental issues, including rehabilitation and return to work processes
- identifying and complying with all relevant legislative obligations associated with our operations
We will implement and maintain an ongoing occupational health and safety program, including conducting regular inspections of the workplace aimed at preventing accidents and incidents.
All managers and supervisors are responsible and accountable for the safety of employees, contractors and company property under their control. They are to ensure all regulations, procedures and safe work practices are followed at all times.
All employees are expected to:-
- follow all company safety requirements and relevant Codes of Practice
- maintain a clean and orderly work area
- report all injuries and safety incidents
The policy is endorsed by the directors of Wildman River Stock Contractors Pty Ltd